Kardo Locksmith had a house rekey and lock replacement project in Silver Lake, CA. The homeowner called for a locksmith as they wanted to upgrade their locks. We quickly responded to their request for a locksmith Silver Lake as the homeowner was looking for a residential locksmith. We rekeyed the house entirely and provided them with new secure locks throughout their home.
It is very important to keep your home safe and secure. You need to upgrade your locks to make sure that you are completely protected. A lock replacement is a great option, but is it really the option for you? It is a wise decision for a homeowner to choose a house rekey as a first option, because it is costly to go through a complete lock replacement. Instead of buying a new lock for every door, you can just call a residential locksmith to rekey your existing locks in order to work with a new key. By doing this, people with the old key won’t be able to open the lock. Here are the pros and cons of rekeying and replacing a lock.
Rekeying a lock means replacing the current inter-workings of the lock with a different setting without changing the lock itself. You get to keep the same lock, but the old key won't work on it anymore. However, the internal lock mechanism will be updated, and some parts will be replaced. Rekeying a lock is a common job for a residential locksmith, so it is best to hire one to do the project.
• This option will normally cost less than completely changing a good quality lock.
• Rekeying different locks will allow you to use one key for multiple different locks.
• This will allow a residential locksmith to check the current locks' condition and correct any problems the lock may have.
• You might end up needing a lock replacement anyway if the lock you are rekeying is old and worn.
• It may not be worth the price for rekeying a cheap lock.
• If the lock was picked, rekeying it doesn't make it any more secure.
Replacing a lock involves removing the entire current lock and handle mechanism and replacing it with a new one. This is the only option you have if your current lock is broken. This is also the option for you if you want to increase security or change the aesthetics of your lock.
• To ensure you won't have any problems for years to come, replacing old locks with new lubricated locks is the best option for you.
• New locks always come with new keys.
• Replacing your current lock with a stronger lock can increase the strength of your security.
• You can choose a lockset that you find visually appealing.
• Lock replacement is more expensive than to rekey your current lock because you will have to buy a new high-quality lock.
• It is more time-consuming to replace a new lock than rekeying them.
• You will have to pay for the extra labor in addition to the price of the brand new lockset.
Kardo Locksmith offers residential locksmith services when you need an emergency locksmith to help you with a lock replacement when a break-in happens, when you want to upgrade your lock security, whenever you get locked out at home, some previous tenants moved out, or new people move in, and whenever you lose your keys. Be sure to hire a professional residential locksmith to take care of your residential locks. Securing your home by lock rekey should be done as early as possible. We also provide rekey services for commercial locksmith and auto locksmith 24/7. We can provide strong door locks guaranteed for your convenience, greater security, and fantastic value for your money. Kardo Locksmith is the name you can trust! Our mobile locksmith service covers Silver Lake and the surrounding area. For reliable residential locksmiths, contact Kardo Locksmith. Give us a call at (818) 999-2036 to learn more About Us.
Check out our recent lock repair project for a homeowner in...
Got an issue with your panic bar? Kardo Locksmith can help...
We helped this car owner in Los Angeles, CA, when they...
Open 24 Hours, 7 Days a Week