Kardo Locksmith had a house and home office rekey, lock replacement, and security locks project in Hollywood, CA. The homeowner called for a locksmith as they wanted to upgrade their locks for their house and home office. We quickly responded to their request for a locksmith Hollywood as the homeowner was looking for a residential locksmith. We rekeyed the house entirely and provided them with new secure locks throughout their home office.
Experts will recommend that you replace your locks on a regular basis, but this could be expensive and time-consuming. It is a wise decision for a homeowner to choose a house rekey because it is too costly to go through a complete lock replacement. A house rekey is a less expensive option that can reset rekeyable locks once you need to upgrade your lock security. Instead of buying a new lock and having it placed into the old one, you can just call a residential locksmith to rekey your locks in order to accept a new key.
Should you get a rekey?
• If you've just moved into a home, it is a great idea to get a rekey. It is impossible to know to whom the previous owners gave a key. A rekey can erase that unease and cost-effectively increase security.
• If it has been a long time since you've moved in, it's a great idea to get new keys for your home or upgrade your locks! It can be hard to keep track of who has a key over the years. Increase your home's security with a rekey.
• If your locks are as old as the house, rekeying them can help the key fit in the lock better and turn more easily, and a locksmith can tell you if a lock needs to be replaced, rather than just rekeyed.
The difference between rekeying & replacing a lock
Lock Rekeying - means the pins inside of the locking mechanism need to be changed out and a new key created. This is a less time-consuming process, and the door's handle and lock remain the same.
Lock Replacement - means removing the entire lock and handle mechanism and replacing it with one that is brand new. This can be a more expensive and time-consuming process.
Situations where you should replace your locks
• You want to upgrade or change the look of your lock
• You have a traditional deadbolt and want to switch to a modern lock system
• Your locks are different brands and types, and you want them all to work with the same key
• You have a low-quality or older lock
• It’s falling apart or rusty
Situations where you should rekey your locks
• You have locks in your house that require multiple keys
• You recently moved in and want to ensure you’re the only one with working keys
• You lost a key and are worried someone may find it and use it to access your home.
• You are changing concierge services that have a copy of your house key, like babysitters, housekeepers, or repairmen.
Kardo Locksmith offers residential locksmith services when you need an emergency locksmith to help you with a lock replacement when a break-in happens, when you want to upgrade your lock security, whenever you get locked out at home, some previous tenants moved out, or new people move in, and whenever you lose your keys. Be sure to hire a professional residential locksmith to take care of your residential locks. Securing your home by lock rekey should be done as early as possible.
We also provide rekey services for commercial locksmith and auto locksmith 24/7. We can provide strong door locks guaranteed for your convenience, greater security, and fantastic value for your money. Kardo Locksmith is the name you can trust! Our mobile locksmith service covers Hollywood and the surrounding area. For reliable residential locksmiths, contact Kardo Locksmith. Give us a call at (818) 999-2036 to learn more About Us.
Kardo Locksmith offers professional gas cap lock repair services in Studio...
Considering an electronic door lock for your Los Angeles, CA home?...
Kardo Locksmith offers prompt and skilled panic bar installation in Studio...
Open 24 Hours, 7 Days a Week